In response to the call of Jesus Christ, the Campbellsville Christian Church exists to bring people to Jesus and membership in His Church, to develop them into mature Christians, and to equip them for their ministry in the church and their mission in the world, in order to magnify the name of God.
The Campbellsville Christian Church is a self-governed independent congregation of Christians following the practice of the churches found in the New Testament. The Elders (Acts 14:23, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 1 Peter 5:1-2) are the spiritual leaders of the church. Deacons (Acts 6:1-6, 1 Timothy 3:7-13) are the serving leaders of the church. They are chosen by the congregation from among men who possess the qualities set forth in the New Testament.
At Campbellsville Christian Church, the Elders and Deacons also meet together as a Church Board on a monthly basis to conduct the business of the church.
Since the church is congregationally governed, a number of issues are brought to the church membership. Such issues include the calling of staff ministers, election of congregational officers, acceptance of an annual budget, and purchase or sale of properties.
CAMPBELLSVILLE CHRISTIAN CHURCH
1. We are a Christian Church - Our message is the Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. We require no other creed than this one. He alone is Lord and Savior.
2. We are a Church of Christ - The church belongs to Him. We have no authority to change teachings, rewrite rules, offer altered membership requirements, or deny His authority.
3. We are a Church seeking unity - We seek to be one in Christ with all others whom He calls.
4. We are a Church seeking "Restoration" - As much as possible we are trying to imitate the New Testament church. That is why our baptism is immersion, our communion is every Lord's Day, our prayers are in Christ's name, our leaders are called Elders, our preaching is about Christ. Even our church name is an attempt to imitate the earliest disciples who were called Christians first at Antioch.
5. We are a thinking Church - The Christian Faith demands the best of our minds, so we are a studying church wanting to know what the Bible teaches and how we can apply it in today's world.
6. We are a feeling Church - Ours is not a dryly intellectual approach to God. We rejoice in the Lord, we praise, pray, love, and serve from the heart.
7. We are a sharing Church - Because of our excitement about Christ, we eagerly share the Good News about Him with others. We share our possessions, property, and money. Our lives belong to the Lord.
8. We are a free Church - Like the earliest churches, ours is an independent congregation. We have no denominational headquarters to determine the policies here. As a congregation, we elect our own leaders, call and support our ministers, decide where our mission money will go and in every way determine the program of the church.
9. We are a growing Church - We want to grow numerically because under Christ's commission to disciple the whole world. We want to grow spiritually because we know that we have not yet achieved all Christ wants of us.
We believe we are not the only Christians, but Christians only; we desire to speak where the Bible speaks, and be silent where the Bible is silent; we have no book but the Bible, no creed but Christ, and no law but love.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!